Jumat, 09 Oktober 2009

Simple Present, Simple Past or Present Continuous

Fill in the blanks with either Simple Present, Simple Past or Present Continuous of the verb in brackets.


Alan : Hi Adam! Where’s Stanley? I thought he is always
with you.


Adam : Oh! He has no time for us these days. See him
over there? He _________(stand) in line at the
Kallang theatre.

Alan : What _________(he,do) there?

Adam : He wants to get tickets for the musical “Cats” of
course. Stanley _____(like) musicals. Last year he
_____ (fly) to Chicago just to see “Chess”. In fact,
I think he _________(intend) to go to London to
see “Beauty and the Beast” which is on in London.

Alan : ________(be,not) that Gloria, standing next to him?

Adam : Yes, Gloria also ______(like) to watch musicals. No
wonder they _____(be) husband and wife.

Alan : I _______(forget) to bring my spectacles. What
_______(Stanley, wear) then?

Adam : Very smartly dressed, I must say. Tuxedo and all.

Alan : ___________(you,think) Stanley has to pay much
for the tickets?

Adam : Oh yes, I bet he ______(do). Tickets for musicals
are pretty costly, you know. Previously I ______
(have) to pay $100 for a show in Istana Budaya.
My wife ______(make) so much noise and I
_______(promise) her that I won’t spend that
much for a single show in future.

Alan : I’m not sure but if you really like it then spending a
few hundreds is worth then not watching at all.

Adam : I do agree with you.

0 komentar:


Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com. Powered by Blogger and Supported by Doocu.Com - Free PDF upload and share